Flying

Options
Tessa
Tessa Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I am Tessa and self-diagnosed GCA September 2020. Been on a long & rocky road. I had new inflammation last October, when I was put back up to 10mg Prednisolone. I'm down to 4mg for the 2nd or 3rd time from 60mg and on Methotrexate this time too to support coming off. Does anyone have similar experience? Also now that I'm much fitter, I'd like to fly to Australia over the next 6mths after coming off steroids. Can anyone advise on the effect of cabin pressure on the condition?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 974
    Options

Hi @Tessa and welcome to the online forum,

i understand that you have self- diagnosed GCA ( giant cell arteritis) and would like to hear from others about their experiences and the medication they take. You’re also planning a trip to Australia and would like some advice about the effect of cabin pressure on your condition.

GCA is quite a rare condition, and it doesn’t often crop up on the forum. I’ve linked to a brief thread from last year - perhaps you could try posting on it to see if other members with a similar condition might respond?

The Versus Arthritis website has a page on GCA that you might like to read. There’s a section at the end on how you can help manage your condition that you might find useful.

It will be interesting to hear of other members’ experiences of flying and the effect of cabin pressure with GCA or other related conditions.

Do have a look round the forum, and join in any conversations where you feel comfortable.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm