Thermography / nail fold capillaroscopy

Anyone had any experience of these tests?

I Have been referred by my Rheumatologist, in relation to my yet undiagnosed finger swelling, tendon pain, raynauds, finger rash and nailfold changes, various colour/temperature changes (circulation seems up the wall too, extreme reactions to either cool or warm temperatures.

Thanks.

Comments

• TUL50
    TUL50 Member Posts: 17

Yep, arthritis is just like cancer, it's the gift that keeps on giving. I hope you have some answers soon AndyT

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,703
    edited 18. May 2022, 18:00

I'd never hward of it but this looks encouraging. [Link removed by moderator]

I hope you get some results.

Hi @stickywicket - I'm sorry but I've had to remove the link as it was directly to a product, and this is something we don't allow in our community guidelines.

Shell H, Mod

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Hi there,

I see you are having tests,, it sounds like to diagnose Raynauds. I have this and I saw the link Stickywicket has included - I wish these tests had been more commonplace when I was diagnosed. They both are non invasive so should be quite easy to have and they will show up what is going on to cause your symptoms.

I experienced thermal imaging way back in 2000 at the Millenium Dome, do you remember when it first opened it was a sort of science fair? I went along with a group of children and was stunned at the difference between my images and the children's. Luckily we all had a laugh but afterwards I was a bit shocked.

Anyway, go for the test and then come back and let us know how it went

xx

Who's Online

Baloo
Baloo
chrisb
chrisb
+4 Guests