High levels of RA in blood test. Age 41.

Options
Kelbelx4
Kelbelx4 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

I have recently had some bloods done which come back after 12 hrs with quite a few abnormalities. Low iron, low vitamin D, high cholesterol and elevated RA factor.

i was then sent for more bloods for my bone profile, parathyroid and CCP levels.

Hormone and bone have come back fine. Would this be the CCP levels? Or does it sound like they are not back yet?

im so confused and worried.

thank you

Kelly x

Comments

• Hi @Kelbelx4

It's good to have you here! I won't beat about the bush, the whole RA journey is confusing however there are plenty of us here who can listen, advise and sympathise so you are not alone. It's never the same for any two people, there are so many different ways that people seem to receive a diagnosis, as there is with treatment too and this can sometimes take a while and a bit of trial and error to find what is right for you. My advice would be to sit tight, talk, talk and talk some more to people who have or are going through the same journey and keep in touch with your team of professionals. One thing that I have learnt is that you can never ask too many questions and don't worry about ringing around just to get through to the right department because there will always be someone who will help you get to where you need to be in the end!

Below is a link which could be of some interest to you for now:

Please do keep talking to us and using the online community, I hope that you get some answers soon!

Sarah