Hello from Italy

Options

Mixed bag of feelings from the beautiful Italian Lakes. Pleased to have managed to get here but sad that this, the first holiday abroad since Covid is being experienced with so much pain at times.

Not helped by the fact that the bed in our holiday home is rock hard so getting very little sleep some nights.

My arthritis seemed to come on so quickly a year ago that I am still shocked at how different my life has become. I seem more aware of this difference whilst here on holiday than I do at home where managing as active a life as I can has become the norm.

However, looking across Lake Como at warm sun, eating superb Italian food and exploring the mountains (albeit without much walking) are things I am still lucky and to be glad to be able to do.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options

You have found, and are dwelling on, the good bits of the holiday so well done you. There is an art to finding the good bits of things with arthritis and, relative newcomer to it though you are, you are managing it.

Holidays bring many differences, some of which can be foreseen and catered for, others not. Re the bed - is there an extra duvet or blanket in your holiday home that you could use as a mattress topper? If not, depending on how long you're there for, it might be worth buying one even if it has to be left there. I expect the good residents of Burbank, California, still talk of the day that woman in a wheelchair was totally obscured by the huge box labelled 'RAISED TOILET SEAT' with a large picture of the same for anyone who hadn't quite grasped what it was😀 It was well worth it!

Enjoy the views and the food. Aaaaaand relax😊

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Hi @NicolaJ

Well done you for counting your blessings and not only thinking of what you have lost rather what you can still do which is a lot😊

Personally I am feeling quite covetous! It sound lovely there.

Oh @stickywicket I just LOVE it some people will do anything for a bit of attention 😉

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options

@frogmorton - you know me so well😁

@nicholaj - i hope the sleeping is improving.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright