managing severe chronic pain

Options

I AM 80 YEARS OLD AND HAVE VERY BAD CHRONIC PAIN DUE TO ARTHRITIS IN SPINE NECK AND SHOULDER S AND HAVE CURVATURE OF THE SPINE FEEL DESPERATE NO QUALITY OF LIFE.LIEV ALONE WITH MY LITTLE DOG.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @Oldie and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have bad pain due to arthritis in your spine neck and shoulders. I also understand that this is getting you down. Have a look at our website as it contains information on local groups and hints and tips n how to cope. An important step is the one you have just made as this community is full of people who will have some understanding of what you are going through. I've put a couple of links in below from our website which may be of help.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Options

Hi @Oldie You sound very lonely, it's a great idea to see if there are any versus arthritis groups near you. If that is a bit tricky for you to manage I bet the helplines would lend a hand. Their phone number is 0800 5200 520 and they are there Mon - Fri 9.00 - 6.00

When I feel alone I like to listen to the radio or listen to some of my CD's. They go back a long way and have lots of happy memories linked to the songs. Would that help you too?

xx

• Etta
    Etta Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi @Oldie

Things do sound tough for you.. I am glad you have your little dog.

I find talking books help me.and if finances allow Audible is a good way of listening to books. Like an old fashioned library there are books on every subject you could imagine! Members have access to lots of books and podcasts included free in your membership so I listen to lots of those as well.

Take care