Nerve pain

Options
Memo
Memo Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi . I prefer not to use face book these days or instagram. I have a lot of nerve pain over night in my legs . Am on methotrexate as main management for my arthritis

Thanks for letting me join

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @Memo and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have nerve pain in your legs at night and that you are taking methotrexate. Our website has a lot of useful information that you might find of interest including information about arthritis, pain management, hints and tips, medications and some good places just to hang out and chat. I've put a couple of links in below which may help, but do have a look around.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Hi @Memo

Nice to meet you. Are you on any pain meds? methotrexate is to dampen down your RA (or other inflammatory arthritis) most of us take a pain killer and if needs be an anti inflammatory too.

Pain killers like paracetamol, co-codamol etc anti-inflams like ibuprofen or naproxen? Some of those can be available slow release which can help over night get more sleep or rather not wake up in pain.

I dodge facebook too and never wasted time with Insta!

Take care

Toni xx

• hiisrb9945
    hiisrb9945 Member Posts: 5
    Options

are you sure it is the rheumotoid causing your pain at night - i have had restless leg syndrome for 40years which does feel as if it is getting worse at night and causing a lot of pain - this on top of the arthritis and is a separate illness but sorry dont hold her breath you will not get a lot of help from the gp