Online Community Update

Regular members will have noticed that we have now changed the layout of our front page and the organisation of the different categories.

We have returned to our "list" view rather than the nested approach, whereby you used to have to click through to find the category you were looking for. We have divided the list into sections that we hope make sense.

Do give any feedback in the comments below πŸ‘οΈ

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

Thank you all for constant efforts to improve things.

I'm (still?) not convinced we need all the forums, at least not unless / until the RECENT POSTS header comes up flashing red😁

I think it's the Franciscans who have a rule that, if you've not used something for six(?) months then it doesn't belong to you anymore and should be given away. In a similar vein I'd suggest that forums which haven't been used for several months are redundant. 'My child' never attracted many users and even fewer replies. Surely better to just accept that parents have the same problems as the rest of us albeit more worries. On Living With Arthritis they'd probably get more replies - possibly even from other parents! 'The Triumphs'? Well, a nice thought to give it a full thread, especially as I started itπŸ˜‰ but times have changed and there's little interest now. And the book? Does it need a thread?

Finally, I'd still like to know how I can access pages on the website so that I can find helpful links for people, without losing the post I'm typing on.

Thanks again everyone. Carry on carrying on.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

@stickywicket do you use your phone or a laptop? I use a laptop and open VA TWICE if that makes sense - more than one window find what I want - then copy and paste it over onto the post I'm replying on.

I agree some of our categories should (sadly) 'go' or become part of another category.

I'll observe the changes and see what i think. So far as I tend to do 'Recent posts' only it's been ok for me I haven't even noticed @Brynmor

Thanks

Toni xx

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Following a discussion, we have now archived the My Child Has Arthritis category and will be keeping the other categories under review.

@stickywicket if you click on the link "Visit Versus Arthritis Website" in Quick Links panel, the site will open in a new tab/panel on mobile. Your current page open with the Online Community will still be there in the other tab.

A recent update has meant that if you are part way through a reply and click to go elsewhere on the forums, a copy of your reply will be saved to "My Drafts" which is also in the Quick Links panel.

Alternatively, just returning to the discussion you were on may also populate the Reply Box "Leave a Comment" with the post you were part way through typing. πŸ˜€

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

@Brynmor , you're a star. I'm afraid you'll have to stay here. You're indispensable.

@frogmorton you, too, are indispensableπŸ™‚

Thank you both.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

While we are all busy praising each other @stickywicket you are also a vital member of this community your regular wise words are so often just what is needed.

@Brynmor has explained far better what I mean about having two windows open (they are 'tabs'😁)

I can't help it if I don't know the words can I?😳

πŸ˜‚