best pain killers and exercices for spinel pain

Options
JRDAD1
JRDAD1 Member Posts: 9
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

I suffer from back pain and very bad balance, I can't walk more than 20 feet without my stick, I never leave the house except on my scooter in warm conditions, It can be really depressing

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hello @JRDAD1

You could try some gentle exercises that Versus Arthritis recommend. Here's the link. You can start slowly and sitting down. They may help to ease your pain:

Have a look round the forum and join in any of the conversations you feel comfortable with. Everyone is very friendly.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @JRDAD1

Hi from me too, the video in the link given by Anna is really good, I don't know if you had a look at it - it has 2 ways of doing each exercise, for those who find getting onto the floor easy and those who don't. I'm in the second camp there for sure!

I wondered if you have had a chat with your GP lately, he should know that you are struggling with pain relief, getting out and about and that you're feeling miserable about it all.

I use a walking stick all the time, it gives me confidence that I won't fall over, help on uneven pavements and means I can go farther than I would otherwise be able to.

You have done brilliantly posting around the online community, and I see you have had lots of good suggestions so far, well done

Yvonne