Not stopped crying

Options
Tasharene1
Tasharene1 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Wow where do I start. One year ago I noticed one swollen finger. Of course I ignored it. I was poorly with other stuff to take care of that.

I had my hysterectomy in June last year. I had been so poorly. I thought I would be great afterwards full bill health.

Nope a month later i noticed arranged muscle twitching like pins and needles in my feet.

I went doctors was told all will settle no it didn't time went on my legs went stiff my hands my ankles. I got to the point I was limping around went doctors demanded blood test all come back high inflammation. Sent to the hospital test scans I have rhematiod arthritis. But on steroids the pain goes for a week.

Another scan yesterday high inflammation!!! Back on steroids not stopped crying today the pain in my ankles arms everywhere.

I just want to get better. Nurses doctors said it takes time for the medication to kick in.

Please please tell me positive stories that this does get managble I feel like I have already been through so much !!!!

Comments

• janey4
    janey4 Administrator Posts: 45
    Options

Hi @Tasharene1 Thank you for joining.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been facing and that your blood test came back high inflammation, resulting in a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Sounds really difficult for you with the pain everywhere and the feeling you have been through so much.

Unfortunately, yes the medications can sometimes take a while to kick in. In the meantime, perhaps try some gentle exercises, using heated items on the joints such as a hot water bottle, or using cold. Sometimes medications have to be reviewed and changed to find something that works for you as an individual, but many people with rheumatoid arthritis do learn how to manage their condition over time. Also let those around you know how you are feeling and how they can support you.

Do have a look around and come back to us and let us know how you are getting on and join in on the forum wherever you feel comfortable.

Take care

Janey

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi@Tasharene1 ,

Im so sorry your going through such a lot, I too had a hysterectomy some years ago and it takes a long time to recover you don’t say how old you are and forgive me for asking but my hysterectomy threw me into early menopause which is dreadful in itself emotionally dealing with that and RA is an awful lot to deal with maybe you should make another appointment at your drs and see what else they can suggest it’s certainly hard dealing with multiple points of pain but know your not alone the lovely people here will I’m sure offer you their wealth of experience and understanding

take care

love Jona 💐💐😊

• Tasharene1
    Options

Thanks ladies. I am 47 I have thought maybe I am going through the menopause but to be honest I can't deal with that right now.

I did go to the doctors and was fobbed off.

At the momment I just want to get this pain under control it's horrendous.. yes I do hot baths pain meds, exercise.