Kneecap replacement / resurfacing

Options
Gnomad
Gnomad Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi. Does anyone have experience of uni-compartmental patellofemoral joint replacement / resurfacing? Grateful to hear

Comments

• janey4
    janey4 Administrator Posts: 45
    Options

Hi @Gnomad and welcome to the Online Community. Thank you for joining us.

Understand you are looking to find out if others have experience of uni-compartmental patellofemoral joint replacement / resurfacing.

Do come back to us and let us know how you are getting on and hopefully you will pick up ideas and experiences from other members as well. You may also find it helpful to look at

Take care and look forward to hearing from you again soon

Janey

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Options

Hi @Gnomad

I don't have experience of this surgery to offer you any help sadly, would your surgeon be able to put you in touch with others? It might be worth an ask.

I can suggest that regardless of which sort of knee surgery you have and even if you decided not to have any it's really important to do exercises to keep the muscles around the knee strong and able to support your knee. I did the exercises that I was given for after my op while I was in the waiting list to go into hospital and I'm sure that's part of the reason the op and post op went so well.

Do look and see if you feel you can join in any other discussions, or start one yourself

Take care

xx