Adalimumab - Imraldi Biologic Anti TNF injections

NIGWOODS
NIGWOODS Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello All

I have been advised I need these injections every 2 weeks going forward.

It will help with my Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondylitis.

Wondered what everyone's experience of it was?

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Good morning @NIGWOODS and welcome to the forum. I see that you have Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondylitis. You have been prescribed injections of Adalimumab (Imraldi) and you are seeking information on other’s experiences. As it so happens I have recently started on Adalimumab (Amgevita). I have had no side effects, the best comment I can make, as made to me by the Consultant, is to be patient.

Here is a link to information on our website about the treatment:

and here to some general tips for living with arthritis:

Please keep posting, so helping others profit from your experiences. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Tom, Moderator.

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 691

Hi @NIGWOODS

I've been on Adalimumab biosimilar (Amgevita) for PsA since the end of July 2021 and like @Tom I've had no side effects. I use an injection pen every two weeks. By a week after the 2nd injection I felt a change for the better and by end of September - two months in - I felt it really had kicked in. I'm not back to the way I was before PsA was diagnosed - I still have issues with joint pain/aching regularly but at least I can still use my joints. I'm back to walking 50-60 kms per week without the need for a stick - though on flat walks. My hands are functional again so I can get back to cooking - though I still need assistance opening jars and cans. I've still a bit of a problem particularly with my right hand so haven't got back to my photography hobby. I can also drive again for short distances.

In the nine months between the first signs of PsA and starting Amgevita I had been admitted to hospital 4 times for a total of over a month in bed with a combination of PsA and pneumonia. Since being on Amgevita I've had one overnight stay in hospital and that was only as a precaution. Though I should say I've been far more circumspect about attending gatherings and meeting people due to the immune suppression that comes with the biologic. Before being on Amgevita my CRP level hit 340 at the worst point - my last blood test showed it was less than 1.

The rheumatology department has kept me on 3gms sulfasalazine daily and 10mgs methotrexate along with the Amgevita.

I hope it goes well for you.

• hiisrb9945
    hiisrb9945 Member Posts: 5

dont know if you are having problems getting your amgevita but i am having to miss weeks out etc because between the hospital and the healthcare at home - they are not being delivered on time - spent all of last week every day on the phone to both of them - they were finally delivered on wednesday - should have taken it on saturday unsure if this will impact on it working properly

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

Hi @hiisrb9945

I have already welcomed you to the online community on your Hello chat.

If you can let us know what type of Arthritis you have we will be able to give specific advice to your complaint,and therefore help you .

Hope all goes well do please keep in touch and tell us how you get on

Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 691

Hi @hiisrb9945

Funnily enough for the first time since I started receiving Amgevita deliveries in July 2021 the latest delivery hasn't arrived yet and I'm down to my last pen. Each of my deliveries has 4 pens so it's 8 weeks worth. When it was set up my rheumatology nurse said I always needed to keep at least one pen as fallback in case of malfunction - of me or the pen. It's Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare that provide this service to me. I tried calling them earlier this week but couldn't get through. I was a bit worried as I'd come across a receipt from the first delivery last July which stated it was a 48 week contract - which would mean it ended in June so I contacted my rheumatology clinic and they assured me the contract would be automatically renewed. So I sent LPCH an email on Wednesday and I received a reply today saying that they'll deliver next Wednesday.

• hiisrb9945
    hiisrb9945 Member Posts: 5

my name is isabel and i have rheumotoid arthritis - and other problems - i am on methotraxate and biologics