Nervous about hip injections on Tuesday

Options

Hi. I only found out today that I'm having my first lot of injections on Tuesday. Really nervous about it. How painful is it immediately after? Do you need to rest after? When should you notice any improvement? And loads of other questions I haven't thought of yet! Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Tracy_H

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have just found out that you will be having your first lot of injections in your hip on Tuesday. You feel really nervous about it and are worried that they will hurt. You have lots of questions about when you will see results and if you will need to rest afterwards. You are also looking for any advice on the subject.

I appreciate it must feel quite daunting if this is the first time for you but I assure you it is never as bad as you think it will be. Do you know what type of injection you will be having? Im assuming you are talking about a steroid injection as this is normally the most common type but please do correct me if I am wrong. Im sure what ever type of injection it is, your fellow members will be able to offer you plenty of advice and guidance with regards to your questions. Your doctor or nurse on Tuesday will also be able to answer all your questions before the injection is given.

Thinking that it is a steroid injection you are having, I have attached the following information for you below. I think it will be very helpful for you to have a read when you have a time. If this is not the injection you are having than please do let me know and I will the right information for you.

I've also included a link below to our managing pain section which I find very useful.

I do hope this is of some help to you. Please do let us know how you get on on Tuesday and please do continue to keep getting involved in the community.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)