Hello

Options
Franchi
Franchi Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Thanks for letting me join. Rheumatologist has recommended your site for info. He believes I have psoriac Arthritis I have been on steroids for around a month now and see him again tomorrow to discuss DMARDs. I do have GERD and take lanzoprazole so unsure if low dose of mexathrate will be okay. I worry about side effects.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good Morning @Franchi and a warm welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I see from your post that are being diagnosed at the moment and the Rheumatologist suspects Psoriatic Arthritis.

I take it he /she has mentioned Methotrexate (MTX) to you as a possible treatment?

I understand you are concerned about taking it alongside lansoprazole for your GERD. I suspect some of our members have similar issues and hopefully someone will be happy to share their own experience with you. I am sure you will discuss your concerns with your consultant today.

I wondered whether you'd find it interesting to read posts by members who have Psoriatic Arthritis?

Here's a thread both of these posters are still around:

Here is a thread by @Hairobsessed123 who posts regularly and was diagnosed a year or more ago also with Psoriatic Arthritis:

I do hope you will find the Community useful and decide to continue to post.

The most popular category is probably Living With Arthritis so so take a look if you have time.

Best of luck for today

Ellen.

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Options

Hi @Franchi

How did you get on with your appointment? I like that your rheumatologist advised that this was a good site to use - it really is!

I think you would be able to take MTX - a lot of us take a stomach protection, mine is omeprazole because we take some meds that can lead to stomach ulcers but it's always best to chat to your rheumatologist and make sure they know all the meds you are taking prescribed as well as over the counter.

A lot of meds for inflammatory arthritis are quite scary but remember you will only be on a very low dose compared to their uses for cancer treatment for example. I don't know if you have read the leaflet for paracetamol lately but that's a bit scary too.

Fingers crossed for you that the steroids did their job of easing your symptoms and that any further meds will keep up the good work.

Post any questions you have after your appointment over in Living with Arthritis so lots of us will see them and reply!

xx