On the way to getting cimzia

Options

Hi all, I did not realise that this is the same forum I joined so so many years ago, a lot has happened since then but at the same time not a lot. Still at the same job altho I've had 2 take another job 4 in-between shifts becuz of reduced hrs, still happily married, still in the same house I was in all them yrs ago.

Came on here to ask a question about cimzia, I am going on2 it as me and my husband want 2 try 4 a family and obvs we cudnt with me being on mtx.

I had my consultation with my rheumy 2 discuss alternatives and he said about cimzia and started the ball rolling with it straight away.

Bloods and xray have bin done and I had a call from the rheumy nurse on fri.

My question is for ppl on cimzia how long after after call with the rheumy nurse did u get the cimzia? I am currently experiencing a flare up of my left ankle (which is a new 1 as I never had my ankle go b4) as I stopped my mtx 5 4 wks ago and so I am desperate 2 get on2 cimzia.

Thank u 😊

Just keep plodding along singing a song

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Welcome Back @loopylou

It's been a while since I saw your name on here. Wonderful news that you are wanting to try for a baby and are hopefully starting on Cimzia soon.

There are probably a few 'oldies' around who you'll remember.

Take care and do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 31. May 2022, 08:55
    Options

Well I haven't seen your name on here for a bit @loopylou !

Lovely to see you and how exciting you are hoping to try to have a baby.

Maybe there's something else they can give you if the Cimzia is going to take a while? Hopefully it won't though.

Really good to see you I hope everything goes really well

Toni x

• loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options

Hello again 2 u both, me and my husband have tried b4 but 1. I don't think either of us were truly ready mentally and 2. within 2 wks off my meds I was in agony with my toes I thort I can't cope with this pain so went back on mtx, this time we r both in a better place mental health wise and thanks 2 lockdowns where I wasn't working 4 7 months my toes improved as I wasn't on my feet all the time. I've done better this time as I stopped mtx 5 wks ago and my ankle has only just really flared up.

Literally just got off the phone 2 the rhuemy nurse, the paperwork has gone thru she said it shud all b thru and with me in about 3 wks time. She has also said she will sort out an appointment 4 me 2 get a steroid injection in my ankle 2 ease my pain whilst I wait, altho she asked some1 and they said the wait is 3 -4 wks. She is putting the paperwork thru rite now and says she will mark it as urgent and hopefully I will get it sooner.

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 (whilst I still can 😂🤣)

• frogmorton
    Options

Well that is great news @loopylou 😊She actioned the paperwork nice and promptly for you.

You have a plan and a plan to cope with the ankle too in the meantime.

It feels as though this time things will work out I will🤞 for you too

Best of luck 🍀

Toni x

• loopylou
    Options

I am determined it will work out, it needs 2, i am v v v near my 40s so it has 2 work out.

I txd my husband and told him the progress also told him not 2 have a complete rant about it all if he rings me as that gets me all upset about it again. The paperwork is going thru not much else 4 me 2 do. Pretty much have 2 cope and do my best 2 keep moving so my ankle doesn't cease up until I can get this steroid injection (which I am not looking 4ward 2, had 3 in my toes a few yrs back when we attempted the 1st time 2 come off mtx and they hurt like hell and wore off pretty quickly)

• frogmorton
    Options

I hope your husband can see you've done all you can for now.

I know what you mean about the injections too but fingers crossed this one will work for you ((())) and for long enough to get your new meds started too.

• loopylou
    Options

Hopefully he does but I'm not holding my breath, I know it's cuz he cares about me and hates 2 c me in pain but its still tuff 2 deal with when he gets on 1 as he goes over and over the same thing.

As he's at work during the day he doesn't see the pain lessening as the stiffness from being still in bed all nite subsides he just sees the stiffness and the struggling 2 get about in the am b4 he goes off 2 work.

I am currently tubigripped and nurofened up and attempting 2 get the housework done (failing so far as procrastination is in abundance atm 😂🤣) using this wk 2 get stuff done as its half term atm.