Fybromyalgia

Options
HazelSgt
HazelSgt Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello all. I've had a multitude of tests and finally due to a process of elimination Doctor has stated likely cause is Fibromyalgia. I'm finding it really strange to come to terms with. My main hates are the almost constant aching, lead, heavy pains, weakness and brain fog. Would appreciate any coping strategies you may have to offer please as I'm finding things quite difficult. I've a low pain threshold which isn't helping as it puts me off food hence more weakness, although of course I am trying. Thank you in advance for your hopeful support. Take care all Xx

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello @HazelSgt and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have fibromyalgia and are looking for ways of reducing pain and ways of coping. Our website has a lot of useful information and I would recommend having a look around it. It contains a lot of useful information about arthritis, treatments and hints and tips. To help I've put a couple of links in below which might be of use.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm