Medical cannabis and UK law:

Options

Please find attached the frequently asked questions about medical cannabis from the UK gov website. I know this is still a taboo subject but I see so many posts about chronic pain but very little engagement with my recent posts. Looking forward to sharing my journey.

Comments

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    Options

Hi @Rubikscubeboy thanks for posting.

It looks like you have done your research on this and have the NHS information but thought I would share with you our latest info in case it's helpful

Please keep posting and good luck with your journey.

Lou :)

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Rubikscubeboy
    Rubikscubeboy Member Posts: 44
    edited 8. Jun 2022, 15:11
    Options

Hi @Bettyboo22

Thanks for sharing this link. I have tried lots of the complementary therapies alongside my medication over the last 15 years including:

- Stopped smoking

- Avoided Alcohol

- Omega 3

- Dairy free diet

- Turmeric supplements

- Capsicum supplements

- Montmorency cherry supplements

- Over the counter CBD products

- Magnetic bracelets

I know that everyone reacts differently to this disease but nothing have stopped the aggressive erosion of my joints due to Rheumatoid Arthritis or helped with the chronic pain. This is a horrible disease and unfortunately the current pain medication prescribed by doctors has led to an opioid crisis. The study I am taking part in is being conducted to build up data for full clinical trials using whole flower cannabis (THC and CBD) as an alternative to opioids and to stop people 'self medicating' with unregulated street cannabis.

The study is for chronic pain and will be taken alongside my Rheumatoid Arthritis medication. Which is currently:

- Sulphasalazine orally twice per day

- Adalimumab biweekly injections

If anyone is interested in following my journey please take a look at the medical cannabis tab on this site.

Thanks Danny