Just joined today hi everyone

Betty63
Betty63 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

hello and good morning thank you for the add I have just been diagnosed with RA got another appointment with hospital for tues for more scans not been put on any meds yet but methotrexate has been mentioned this runs in my family sadly my sister had it before she passed away and my brother has it quite bad so I am a bit anxious after watching them both with it but fingers x meds work

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @Betty63

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have an appointment on Tuesday for more scans. You have not been put on any meds yet although Methotrexate has been mentioned briefly. Your family has experience of RA has your brother has it and sister also had it before she passed away. You feel a little anxious about it because you have seen how it has affected them both.

I'm sure once you are on the right level of medication you will notice such a difference. Just be aware that it sometimes takes a little bit of adjustment to get the right levels. Once you do though, you should be fine. Also remember that you a wealth of resources on the main versus arthritis website from medication information to different types of exercise that you can do for particular joints.

I've attached a few links below that I think will be of interest to you at the moment, as you are starting out on your journey so please take a look when you have a moment.

Please do let us know how you get on on Tuesday and please do continue to keep getting involved in the community. We are very friendly and are always looking to make new friends. Maybe check out Val's Café, where you can chat day to day stuff, share recipes and chat to others on a daily basis, if you want.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)