Turmeric massage oil.

Options

Hi everyone, I'm Glen. ( Short for Glinys)

There's some great advise on this forum, it's really nice to see people offering help to others.

I am wondering if anyone has tried Turmeric oil for massaging on to painful joints at all?

I can't take a Turmeric supplement because of interactions with the meds I am on. I have psoriatic arthritis, and although generally it's controlled quite well, I do have days when I could do with a little extra help.

So if anyone has tried the oil I'd be grateful for any info on what you thought of it, did it help?

Thank you .😊

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @Glenm27 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have psoriatic arthritis and looking for advice about turmeric oil. You have come to the right place. Our website has a lot of useful information and though I can find nothing specific about oil it does have information on turmeric which might be of use. I've put a couple of links in below.

Please do keep posting and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Misty
    Misty Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Glen

I havnt tried tumeric oil, but I use comfrey oil at night on my knees in conjunction with the imak knee sleeves. It seems to take away that horrible feeling I get down the backs of my legs.

Sandy