Knee arthritis

Pedro73
Pedro73 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi new member,just wanted to get stuff off my chest basically! Really struggling with my right knee which has been bad for the past few years,my left knee is starting to give me bother now! I can’t get a knee replacement because I’m too young I’ve been told 49 plus I’m overweight,I try and be as active as I can,cycling,swimming I take the dog out but I can only manage small walks due to the pain,I’m on my feet all day with manual work,plus if I did take time off work I’d only get statutory sick pay which is garbage,I’m taking painkillers,I try and eat healthy to get the weight down but start eating rubbish again because I start feeling down,I used to be quite a positive person but this is starting to wear me down,sorry for the long post just had to vent a wee bit lol.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 948

Hello @Pedro73 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and you are among friends here.

I understand that you have arthritis in your knees and that this is beginning to get you down. Have you had a look at our website? It contains a lot of useful information about arthritis, treatments, hints and tips as well as some purely social chats. I've put a couple of links in below which might be of use.

Please do keep posting and I am sure that others will connect with you and share their thoughts and support as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Hi @Pedro73 from me too.

This is exactly the right place to have a vent, all those emotions have to be let out or they fester and make us very miserable.

It sounds like you are doing well with exercise. I made a pain and an exercise diary so I could work out if the two were related and to see how well I was really doing with exercise. They were interesting, I realised my pain wasn't greatly due to exercise unless I had overdone it. I now use my phone and have playlist of around 20 mins as that is my absolute max - when the songs end I stop.

They also might help your medical team see that you are helping yourself as much as you can in trying various ideas out and if you are turning overweight into muscle well so much the better and a seriously better result post op in getting back to normal.

Have a post in living with arthritis or lets move

xx