How to sleep with osteoarthritis of hip

Options

Have got osteoarthritis in my left hip pains in my pelvis Every day I find sleeping impossible when lying on my back and side and recently have had major surgery with a broken arm right shoulder that was my lifeline sleeping on that side now that's impossible I find anything weight bearing so uncomfortable do others suffer like me and how do they manage

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good morning @Questioner a very warm welcome to the online community.

I see you have Osteoarthritis in your left hip, but recent surgery in your right shoulder means getting comfortable in bed is really really difficult. I can imagine that very well and hope the surgery heals very quickly for you.

In the meantime I am going to attach some information which you might find useful you need to scroll through to the 'bedroom' section:

This is about sleep issues when we have Arthritis:

Finally you are not alone many of our members do struggle with sleep and may have their own tips to offer you.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

Just a thought. Occasionally, I've had problems with my stomach but also with one leg sliding into the wrong position when I'm asleep. I solved it by piling up four pillows (one on top of another) and sleeping sitting up. I thought I wouldn't get used to it but it's amazing how one can sleep if tired enough. My mother had back pain and, in her later years, often found her recliner more comfortable to sleep in than her bed.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright