Having arthritis in the kitchen

Options

My aunt has had arthritis for a year and a half; since her first diagnosis , she has found it very challenging to cook and clean for her huge family. The biggest issue for her has been making some of her family's favorite meals. I want to help her make more meals by buying products in the market that help with these issues so if anyone has any suggestions, if they could put the link below or even feedback of how it helps, that would be great!

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @supporter56 - welcome to the online community!

I see you're looking for advice on what products could be useful in the kitchen, as your aunt has arthritis and finds it difficult to cook and clean for everyone as a result.

I'm first going to put a disclaimer - we suggest you shop around for any products suggested to see if you can get a better price and see what else may be available. Also, please bear in mind our guidelines which ask people not to "offer to sell, advertise or promote anything". When people ask for recommendations that's fine - please do post suggestions - just not to things where you would be getting some form of benefit from promoting it.

Now, for advice, firstly you may want to suggest to your aunt she gets an occupational therapist to come over (often free from your local council) to see if they have any specific suggestions for your aunt. You can often get free or subsidised services and products this way, so do see if that helps!

As things to get, Versus Arthritis has a lot of information here which may be a place to start with ideas:

Versus Arthritis also have a partnership with arthr - a social venture dedicated to making products specifically for people with arthritis.

I do expect you will get a fair few suggestions from our members.

It's lovely to meet you!

Shell