Fibromyalgia pain

Options
Chocoholic71
Chocoholic71 Member Posts: 15
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi really struggling at the minute with a flare up ,been like this for 2 weeks wad put on naproxen with no effect,was talking to gp yesterday and she put me on etorocoxcib,I think that's what it's called,also I've been referred for physio .I have no support as my partner doesn't understand,he just says don't get under it.im also worried about my work as I am having to take time off with this.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options

I'm not sure I understand the 'don't get under it' though I presume it's another way of saying don't let it dominate you. Clearly, you are trying to ensure this doesn't happen as you've changed your meds and will be getting physio.

Eterocoxib is one of the newer Cox 2 Inhibitors. Naproxen is one of the older ones. I hope you find it works better for though though it might not be instant. As for physio - the wait can be long. In the meantime, check out Versus Arthritis' exercises, both here https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/exercising-with-arthritis/ and on the Let's Move With Leon forum below.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Chocoholic71
    Options

Thank-you for your reply,I will have a look at the exercises and see if it helps.