Options
Betty79
Betty79 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Beth I've had Rheumatoid arthritis since 2015 also have osteoarthritis in my knees and a long standing back problem and various other disabling conditions I'm finding it hard to cope and to deal with the pain. I struggle daily but have fantastic carers who are amazing people just would like advice on coping strategies please.

Thanks.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @BethanMoore

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since 2015 and have now started developing Osteoarthritis in your knees as well as having a long standing back problem as well as other disabling conditions. You find it hard to cope with the pain and struggle daily with it. You also mention in your second post that you are struggling with loneliness and feeling isolated. You're one bright area is that you have fantastic carers. You're looking for advice of how to cope.

I can completely empathise with your struggle with coping with what you are going through, but please know that you are not on your own. Now that you are a member we will always be with you when you need us. I know that everyday life can be a struggle when you're in so much pain but it sounds like you have fantastic people in your life with your carers.

I've found some information that I have attached below which I think will be goof for you to have a read of when you have the time. Also, now that you are a member of the community, other members will be able to share their hints and tips with you and I am sure that will be very helpful for you.

I hope that the above help. Please do continue to post and comment on anything that takes your interest in the community. We are a friendly bunch and always looking to make new friends.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)