Hi, new member here? Trying to find my way around the website

Options
Rosie57
Rosie57 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I have OA in hands, plus other areas that are being investigated. I am also my husband’s full time carer.

I am considering starting a claim for PIP for myself. Has anyone any guidance for me re a pip application?

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Rosie57

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have Osteoarthritis in your hands and are under investigation for other joints currently. You are considering starting a claim for PIP for yourself, although you are also your husbands full time carer. You are wondering if anyone has any help or advice about applying or any guidance you should know about regarding the application.

Hopefully you will find out soon what the investigation finds. In the mean time, I think if you think that PIP could improve your life than you should definitely apply for it. I have no personal experience of the application process but Im sure once other members of the community have seen your post, they will be able to offer you lots of advice and hints/tips on the application. In the mean time I have found the following information below that I think will be of interest to you.

Please do continue to get involved in the community and we look forward to hearing more from you within the community. Good luck with the ongoing investigation and please do let us know how you are getting on with it all.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)