Hi

Options
Susan69
Susan69 Member Posts: 18
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello I am Susan. I have just found out I actually have arthritis after being misdisagnosed for many years.

I am in my 50's and have had mobility impairments for some time now. Also have under active thyroid which has caused deafness, & Tinnitus.

I'm hoping to find somewhere I can chat online by typing as I can't use the phone anymore and as Im in CEV group I haven't been able to go out to any lip-reading classes its left me very isolated in my own community too as people don't seem have the patience to write things down now no-one have to wear masks anymore! ..and I've been mostly housebound throughout.

I have to lie down alot to rest after each small activity and get alot of pain. Unfortunately I'm also severely allergic to Ibuprofen so struggling to find good pain relief and was hoping people would know of (legal) alternatives I could try! (supplements/pain creams/gels etc that DON'T contain Ibuprofen).

Thankyou

Susan

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 892
    Options

Hello @Susan69 and welcome to the community.

I understand that you have recently been diagnosed with arthritis though have had it some time, and that you are looking for a community where you can chat online. You have come to the right place as we have many groups covering most aspects of arthritis as well as some general chit-chat. I understand that you are also looking for ideas on pain management. Our website is a good place to start as it contains lots of useful information on arthritis, treatments and hints and tips. To help I've put a couple of links below which may be of some use.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you yo share their experiences and thoughts as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Susan69
    Susan69 Member Posts: 18
    Options

Thanks....how do I change the little face? it looks like a moustache!

Also I had chose for my email address not to visible but it was still showing on my profile page. I hope that can't be seen by anyone (non members too)?

I think I pressed something to make thw whole page private until I could work out how to not show the info.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

I'm not sure anyone's email addresses are visible to anyone else but I did click on your name to see what happened and it just said 'privat' so I'm sure you needn't worry on that account. As for the icon, with 'tache - I've ever heard any one ask for a different icon. I know (and you can see) some people use their own photos as icons. Pets seem to feature heavily. I don't know how as I've never done it.

Do join in elsewhere. Living with Arthritis is probably the most popular forum but Chit Chat has lots of different things.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options

Well I got rid of my avatar (yours does have a 'tache!!!) twice just need to remember how:

1.click on your avatar

then scroll to edit profile click on it

then on rt side of screen go down and click on change picture

I then chose apic from my own collection by clicking on choose file where I had previously downloaded a picture to support Ukraine.

then click on save

Well try it anyway if it doesn't work ask @YvonneH or @Brynmor they seem techie!

Best of luck

Toni xx