CBD Oil

Options
Smoff
Smoff Member Posts: 2
edited 20. Jun 2022, 14:31 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone

I am interesting in trying some CBD oil to see if that helps my pain with psoriatic arthritis. There seems to be so many out there that I am getting confused with it all. Can anyone recommend any good oils or where to find the correct information about them.

Thank you muchly

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

CBD is type of cannabinoid – a natural substance extracted from the cannabis plant and often mixed with an oil (such as coconut or hemp) to create CBD oil. It does not contain the psychoactive compound called tetrahydrocannabidiol (THC) which is associated with the feeling of being ‘high’.

Research in cannabinoids over the years suggests that they can be effective in treating certain types of chronic pain such as pain from nerve injury, but there is currently not enough evidence to support using cannabinoids in reducing musculoskeletal pain. We welcome further research to better understand its impact and are intently following developments internationally.

CBD oil can be legally bought as a food supplement in the UK from heath food shops and some pharmacies. However, CBD products are not licensed as a medicine for use in arthritis by MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Authority) or approved by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) or the SMC (Scottish Medicines consortium).

We know anecdotally from some people with arthritis, that CBD has reduced their symptoms.

If you’re considering using CBD to manage the pain of your arthritis, it’s important to remember it cannot replace your current medicines, and it may interact with them, so please do not stop/start taking anything without speaking to a healthcare professional.

• Rubikscubeboy
    Options

@moderator@YvonneH are my recent posts on medical cannabis still available on the forum? I think the tag was deleted but the diary I started might still be available.

I'm happy for people to message me directly if curious about the ongoing feasability study that I am taking part in for whole flower cannabis and Chronic Pain.

Thanks Danny