Biomechanical assessment

Hi everyone - I'm awaiting possible double hip surgery (could be over a year away though) and due to the realignment of hip it seems one leg is now shorter. This results in a 'waddling' gait and has resulted in several nasty falls over the past 6 months. My GP hasn't mentioned having a bio mechanical assessment and my next appt with a surgeon isn't until end August. Does anyone know if a doctor can refer me to an NHS podiatrist for a B/A in order to possibly have shoe inserts to correct my gait? Any advice welcome. Jeanette


  • Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 523

    Greetings and welcome to the forum, @DeeJay_37 .

    You seek advice on securing Podiatrist to assist with your waddling gate whilst you wait for hip replacement surgery. |I would have thought that the route was through a GP referral to a physiotherapist who would in turn refer you to podiatry – this was certainly my experience. However the forum may have other experiences that could be relevant  to you.

    Good luck and let us know how you get on.

    Tom, Moderator.