newly diagnosed

Options
laurakc
laurakc Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

hi so I've just been told that I don't have psoriatic arthritis even though I have psoriasis and gout already. I'm always in so much pain with my right ankle, right knee, hips, and hands and feet. my rheumatologist have said that I have, osteoarthritis, right patellofemoral pain syndrome and hypermobile joints but not generalised hypermobility, none of this makes sense. anyone out there that can help me understand all of this

many thanks

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hi @laurakc ,

It can be quite a shock to receive a diagnosis of arthritis, and it sounds like you have quite a few diagnoses to take on board. It's always good to find out as much information you can about your condition, so when you're ready, why don't you have a look at the Versus Arthritis website. It's full of up to date, useful information that can help you understand more about your condition and your treatments. I've linked to a special page for people who've been recently diagnosed - you might like to start with that:

I'll let other members come along to offer their support.

Best wishes,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm