Nursing mode

Options

I am beginning to find, despite my usual care, there are times when I can simply no longer do stuff and have to nurse myself back to health and wait to feel better. I know its happening because the ache becomes unbearable and I have to stop. Recently it's Friday night after work though half of Saturday, making sure I get a lie in. Then I take my usual paracetamol and the whole thing eases off but it takes hours. Also it starts in the evening, which doesn't tally with what I was told about classic arthritis being worse in the morning. I wonder what other folks do.

Tagged:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

I actually agree with you about timing of pains.

you can kind of 'set' overnight so things can be worse in teh morning, but if I have done a lot in the day the OA part of my arthritis will definitely kick right in.

You are so right then to take it easy and rest a while nurse yourself with painkillers and have you got a microwavable wheatbag??? I always use mine at such times. Well I have about 7 of them!!!

Take care

Toni x

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 398
    Options

Thank you. This brings more clarity to my life. I don't have wheat bags yet, but of course it explains when the pains come on this way, why I put on the dressing gown or turn on the heating when its already sweltering A few times I tried a bowl of hot water. Every time it happens I start thinking it might be Covid and do I need to rush off and get tested - when what I should be thinking is how do I nurse this thing better.

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 398
    Options

It's great to be part of a community without having to keep meeting up. I had another Friday night episode except I shuffled home on sore feet and crashed out at 09:00pm and woke up 6am Saturday feeling rather stiff. (Thursday evening this week I already had enough of the whole sore feet thing and treated myself to an Uber taxi home from the tram stop). Started limping which I guess isn't such a good sign.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

It is nice to have people to chat to without the need to go out in the dark or as you just did get taxis, buses etc to see them I agree.

What's best is it's people who understand and don't mind us groaning.😊

Well done getting a cab home very wise indeed. That episode sounded exhausting ((()))

Toni x