Sleep

Sleep.. where gave you gone?

Why force me to stay awake .. what have I done?

I’ve taken all my meds, 27 in all but IT has taken over my life

PAIN has taken over the driving and is causing more and more strife

I used to say there’s plenty of time to sleep when your dead…

I have changed my mind … full of regrets as I try and try to get comfortable in this my hospital bed

comfortable has taken on a completely new meaning for me

now I’d do just about anything if I thought it would make me pain free

Its all happened so fast and taken me by shock more than surprise

I want the truth now, please no more fibs… I’ve opened wide my eyes

I took my freedom for granted, never valued what I had

I think that’s why I get so frustrated with myself and so angry and sad

Grieving the future… the life I thought I was looking forward to

Now it’s stairlifts and wheelchairs but at least the accents are blue…..

I’ve come to accept I still have my life, it’s just the challenges are different and new

Ive always believed we are stronger together

I hope we can help each other have a better happier forever…. 💯❤️

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Wow!

What a fabulous poem now I understand more what has happened to you.

We used to have a poetry corner, but not many people seem to put their feelings into words these days so i think it fizzled out

Here it is but I don't think you can add to it as it's too old.

Some of the poems might spark a nerve in you. Some were just fun ones though so bear with.

Can I just say one thing though because your poem got to me. We do need to grieve for the future we ere expecting to have you are spot on. I was in a real state when this kicked off for me. I was obsessed with myself an arthritis bore, a mixture of terrified for the future, angry and resentful tearful and worried.

Many years on my life has been good - not at all what I expected certainly different, but ok.

I very very much hope yours will improve to and want to send you massive ((())) too

Take care

Toni xx

• Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my poem and leave such an encouraging and beautiful comment. It is very much appreciated…. Tbh i had forgotten I had written it.., I use various creative ways to try and express how I’m feeling … sometimes it works, at other times not so much.

I am going to post a quick update as I’ve had some news and would really value some opinions if possible

but knowing me I never seem to find enough time on the day so it might be in the early hours of the morning but I will try harder to keep up with this fantastic community that I have found. It has been an incredibly hard and lonely lockdown on my own so I don’t want to mess up a good thing.

😊happy to be here ⭐️❤️

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

I'm so glad you are happy to be here @Soulsearcher169

Arthritis is isolating, but this is one way to overcome that isolation (some like the actual face to face groups too).

This community has helped me so much at the start and numerous little ways in between with tips or advice. Most of all every single day when my youngest got leukaemia just after her 16th birthday.

It's wonderful

Take care

Toni x