?? Osteoarthritis

Options

Hi I'm not sure if anyone else out there has been in the position I'm currently facing. In 2018 I was diagnosed with severe OA in my neck and recently with severe OA in my right foot. I have been troubled with sudden onsets of generalized pains intermittently not associated with anything particular. I have also been troubled with eye dryness, soreness and pain at times. I am taking regular anti allergy eye drops and lubricants for both eyes as recommended by my optician and GP. I'm currently on naproxen 500mgs twice a day and paracetamol. I have however had to resort to taking codeine when the pain has been severe including an episode that woke me during the night. I'm waiting for an MRI of my spine and USS of my right shoulder as my GP thinks the rotator cuff might be affected. I'm not completely sure if what I'm experiencing is osteoarthritis or something else. Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks Sharon 

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 748
    Options

Hello @Pruds welcome to the online community,

You have OA in your neck and foot and have dry eyes for which you are being treated by your optician and GP. You do also have episodes of general pain and are waiting for an MRI of your spine and a USS of your shoulder. You are asking if any members have similar conditions and would welcome their input.

We are all being encouraged to exercise to maintain our muscles and joints mobility and numbers of our members have found the new stretching videos very useful. I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful

If you are doubtful about whether your condition is OA, have you had a discussion with your GP about a second opinion maybe with a Rheumatologist ? Meanwhile I hope some of our members will be able to share some of their experiences with you and offer their support. Do look round the community especially the "Living with Arthritis" section.

Thank you for your post this morning, it is great to see a new member supporting someone on their first post. Do stay in touch .

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Pruds
    Pruds Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi

Thanks very much for the sound advice and yes I have spoken again yesterday to my GP. In the mean I will check out your videos about exercise and pain. I have messaged my sister in law about your group as she has had OA for some time now.

• Pruds
    Pruds Member Posts: 5
    Options

The neck exercises were very good and I was thinking how often I should do these ? The section on pain management was excellent. I will check out the community posts and information on living with arthritis. Thanks.