Living with gout

Options
dpope
dpope Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I'm 26 and recently been diagnosed with gout after having problems with my feet and flare ups for a couple of years. I was wondering if anyone else in their twenties/thirties has gout and has any advice for me. I'm struggling to come to terms with it and my mental health has taken a bit hit especially when I have major pain and an attack. And how can I tell my friends and family more about it and get them to understand and take it and the pain I go through seriously? Thanks

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @dpope and welcome to the online community

You are 26 and have recently been diagnosed with gout. You are struggling to come to terms with this and it is affecting your mental health. We are here to support you and now you have made the first move to share your concerns with us you are on the way to sharing your concerns with your family and friends. You can encourage them to read the information and stories on the community and all support each other whilst you come to terms with your condition.

I attach some links which I hope you will find useful

We do have a Young Peoples Community and you may like to contact them to connect with people your own age and also a research project that might interest you

Do browse round the community especially the Living with Arthritis section where you will find lots of discussions about inflammatory arthritis so do join in. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.