Osteoarthritis ??

Options

Hi I'm not sure if anyone else out there has been in the position I'm currently facing. In 2018 I was diagnosed with severe OA in my neck and recently with severe OA in my right foot. I have been troubled with sudden onsets of generalized pains intermittently not associated with anything particular. I have also been troubled with eye dryness, soreness and pain at times. I am taking regular anti allergy eye drops and lubricants for both eyes as recommended by my optician and GP. I'm currently on naproxen 500mgs twice a day and paracetamol. I have however had to resort to taking codeine when the pain has been severe including an episode that woke me during the night. I'm waiting for an MRI of my spine and USS of my right shoulder as my GP thinks the rotator cuff might be affected. I'm not completely sure if what I'm experiencing is osteoarthritis or something else. Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks Sharon 

Comments

• Cath100
    Cath100 Moderator Posts: 40
    edited 12. Aug 2022, 11:31
    Options

Hi @Pruds

Thank you for posting on the online community.

You say that you have been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis but are concerned about some other symptoms you have also been having. You could ask your GP perhaps to do further tests such as blood tests which can also help aid the diagnosis process and help to rule out or confirm the inflammatory types of arthritis ( such as rheumatoid arthritis for example ). Sorry to hear that the pain has also woken you in the night.

Perhaps you might find looking at our information on back pain helpful , this has information about different possible causes

And also our information on shoulder pain could also help

I hope you are able to get some clarity from the MRI and that you get some reassurance and support from the GP or perhaps a referral to the rheumatologist. Let us know how you get on. 🍀

Best wishes

Cath100

(Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Sounds as though yor Dr is taking this seriously which is really good.

Hopefully you'll get those tests soon and some answers.

I do sometimes get random pains that come and go even sudden shooting pains.

I have always been told it's referred pain or neuropathic.

Good luck finding out what it is in your case. Take care

Toni x

• Romo
    Romo Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi. I’ve been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my feet, hands and elbow does anyone out there have the same has me, part of my foot feels slightly numb and my one arm from my wrist to my elbow is slightly swollen, I’ve been referred to physio and waiting.