New Here and in pain..!

Options
SueDear
SueDear Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi to All..

I was diagnosed with OA in my lower back with an MRI scan. That was a few years ago.

It has gradually become worse over time to the point I can no longer leave the house. All walking has become difficult. I drag myself around on the floor a lot.

I live alone and have no visitors. I was thinking of getting a micro kick scooter to get to the shops. Does anyone else use manual kick scooters with the same condition?

Comments

• Ukeplayer
    Ukeplayer Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Sue It sounds like you and I have the same condition. I recently had an MRI scan where generalised spondylosis was seen. No support offered and no real explanation as yet. Just an admin person at my local GP telling me the results. I also have osteoarthritis in my hip and I am waiting for a hip replacement, I do go out but struggle a lot and have lots of time off work. I think the scooter idea sounds good. It has to be worth a try. Good luck.

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Ukeplayer  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You suffer with spondylosis and await a hip replacement due to your OA. Like Sue you also struggle with some mobility issues. 

I see that you don’t need any encouragement to join in with forum discussions, which is great. 

If you haven’t visited our website, the following link may be of interest:

I hope that you find the forum a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment which I’m sure you will. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm