Desperate for help in so much pain constantly

Options

had osteo in hands knees lumbar spine for 2 years. Most recently im in agony with my elbows, crying in pain today. Had bloods done last week all clear! Dr sais oh you just have chronic pain, possibly tendinitis. I have a family history of chrones and ankyolising spondilitis. I have exasperated all routes re osteo. I want to go down the gastro route next as the pain is really getting me down. I was diagnosed ibs 5 years ago but always seem to have a high calprotectin level. I feel like Dr is fed up with me. I was off sick for a year from work and returned recently but really struggling.

Has anyone had similar? My sister has both of the above and sais my symptoms are same as she had before she started on biologics.

Am i in my rights to ask for my fetal calprotectin to be assessed again after 5 years? I feel so unwell and just keep getting painkillers increased!

I take 60 mg duloxetine

30mg gabapentine

8 x paracetamol

Tramadol

I had a cortisone jag 2 months ago in right wrist for carpal tunnel which helped fingers but now its totally agony in both sides and hips.

🙈😪 really at end of my tether and going back to work next week after summer hols , I work in a nursery

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Just wondering whether you've seen a rheumatologist at all? Not all arthritides show in our blood that is for definite.

If you could get a referral there it might settle things.

I can see how much pain you're in by how late you are posting.

Oh and by the way some here have even resorted to seeing a private rheumatologist to begin the process if you can afford it. They then go back to the NHS once they have their diagnosis.

Take care

Toni x

• Jools71
    Jools71 Member Posts: 13
    Options

I did 2 years ago at the start of my journey and he found no inflammation..I have made a face to face for Wednesday with a different GP. Thanks for your comment. Hardly slept a wink in over 2 weeks.

• Bic1982
    Bic1982 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi @Jools71

I really feel for you! I know that its horrible to be in that amount of pain and not to feel like you are being supported by your drs.

You have every right to request a second opinion. You know your own body best and if you feel there is something amiss, you must keep fighting to get the answers you deserve. I know that it is easier said than done sometimes but you have all of us here supporting you. May be a good idea to give the helpline a ring as they may be able to suggest something that you have not thought of also.

Take care and I hope you get some answers soon!

Anne