Osteoarthritis with chronic pain

Options
Peawhips
Peawhips Member Posts: 17
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

At moment i waiting for a appointment to see the pain consultant i was refered back in feb/mar but havent hear anything. Just getting fed up being in pain all the time. When i stand at yhe sink after few mins I'm in agony. I used to be on 4 lots of painkillers but my gp reduced them and put me on zoromorph and shortec with paracetmol but im taking max dose .trying to keep mobile but cznt go far. It just getting fed upbeing in constant pain cant take nsaids becaus i suffer from asthma so they are out. Been under two previous psin specsiists first ond just msde me worse and ws very rude to large people to put politely then second one was at beverly only saw him teice all he did was r cut my pain killers by half which i ended up hardly moving cibstant pain snd i tears. During covid gp yold to to self refervto hhe physio which ended up being the biggest mistake he tried to physio over the phone and i told him a out my hack and hd mearly put me in a eheelchair luckily i didnt do what he said otherwise i eouldve been paralysed and in a sheelchair now.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Hello @Peawhips Nice to meet you.

I am so sorry to read about the chronic (long term) pain you're in and that nothing seems to be helping with it.

I've read recently that 'they' don't think a lot of the painkillers we are prescribed actually do anything and they seem to want us off them as much as possible.

A lot of us can't take nsaids like you for various reasons some breathing/heart related others things like stomach ulcers. Awful really as they can really help😕

I do wish I had an answer for you Many of us who have been in pain for a long time use a variety of tactics to cope like distraction (a hobby or watching telly reading etc) to try to distract ourselves from the pain, I come in here and chat to other people, do my jigsaws for a bit. I also think, pathetic it might sound, that I get more help out of my microwavable wheatbags than a lot of painkillers.

I am sending you my support and really hope you get that pain clinic appointment very soon ((()))

toni x

• Peawhips
    Peawhips Member Posts: 17
    Options

Thanks tonii was on dihdracodiene longtec fenatyl patches and paracetamol it just took the edge of the pain but physio tried to do.pgysio ovver the phone during covid wihh sheilding it just got worse and physio just made it even wore and change of meds are not helping. Waiting for a appointment to see pain specailist no 3 last 2were not much help first one was very rude and didnt help much eccond just reduce patches right down to the point i couldnt move. Hopefully 3rd time lucky but i dont know when it is. Have to wait until 8th or 9th hopefully gp wants to see me f2f already sent message to receptionist to book me an appointment but still waiting for one. Hope she will excallate it and get it brought foward sooner