Travelling with arthritis

Options

I'm about to embark on a big journey to Asia and Australia with no intention of coming back to the UK for at least a year - anyone else done similar and have any tips? Also struggling to find insurance that will cover me - if anyone can advice it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 897
    Options

Hello @Lucyev and welcome to the community. We are a friendly an supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and going on a fabulous long journey. I hope you have a lovely time. Our website has some info that may be of use to you and also you could try calling our Helpline and I am sure that others may be able to offer advice. In the meantime have a look at the following

Please do post and let us know how you are getting on and would love to see some pictures

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options

Firstly, what type of arthritis do you have? OA should be less problematic than an inflammatory kind.

I've no idea how you can do it but great that you're researching in advance. I only go to USA (with RA and OA) but have to be prepared. For a start, I take enough meds for 2 weeks in my hand luggage - ever since a case went awol. Always take a prescription on board but be advised that different countries have different policies on which pain meds they allow. I've no idea how you could cope with injections for so long. Also, bear in mind that acquiring your meds abroad could be very expensive. Do reaearch each coumtry carefully.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright