Exercise

Options

I have a meniscus tear in my left knee and arthritis in left knee and left and right foot . I exercise using a stationary bike and use ball to roll under my feet . The physio has given me exercises to do for my feet, ankles and knee. . 

Lately as I walk my left knee is really hurting to walk on it is better when I use my walking stick . I was supposed to be having an appointment to have a look at repairing my meniscus months ago .but not happened yet .should I carry on with exercises and walking or just give up. 

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi Twirlyw005,

Thank you for joining and posting on our helpline forum.

We are sorry to hear that you have arthritis in several of your joints and that you are waiting for an appointment to repair your meniscus.

With any forms of arthritis, it is very important to try to keep active as it helps to build up the muscles and helps with stiffness, and it is fantastic to hear that you are doing this, but because you have a meniscus tear, we would suggest you seek professional advice on if you can carry on doing them. You have mentioned that you have seen a physiotherapist in the past well these people are experienced with these types of questions so please try to contact them.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor