AS pains

Options

Hi everyone, first time posting :)

Ive been diagnosed with AS for over 20 years and generally manage ok and take Benepali. This past fortnight though have had that acute pain in my back just below my rib cage on the left hand side that makes it difficult sleeping and moving and even really sore to touch.

Any advice on how to manage and relieve this pain, tried paracetemol, ibuprofen, co-codamol and hot water bottles but nothing really takes the edge off it or improves thing!

Thanks if you got this far!

:)

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @mattcymru

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

You have lived with AS for many years and are able to cope with the pain most if the time. Recently however you are suffering with significant pain below your rib cage. You’d like to hear any suggestions that forum members have about how they manage such acute pain.

I hope that you receive some useful feedback. In the interim you may find these links to our website useful if you haven’t already visited:

I hope you receive some useful feedback to help manage your pain.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Hi @mattcymru

(I take it you are from Wales!)

I am so sorry to hear about your new pain. It sounds to me as though you've tried all may favourite methods.....apart from maybe a tens, but they aren't cheap and have no guarantee of success.

(my hot water bottle is one of my microwavable wheatbags they mould better to the body shape??).

In your shoes I would now talk to 'someone'. GP or even just start with pharmacist? Rheumatology team? Don't leave it though will you.

Let us know what you do

Take care

Toni x