hello from france

Options
essoe
essoe Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

hi everyone,

I am glad I joined this forum. There is nothing similar where I live and I desperately need support.

I had my THR three years ago following a hip dysplasia condition I was told was an accident but which happens to be a genetic condition. The first prosthesis kept moving out so the surgeon reopened my hip a week after installing the first one and put in a dual mobility cup. Usually it s for 80 years old and I was 41. Mind you, I can walk now which means flying compared to pre op.

I was tranfused and traumatised by the whole process but trying very hard to recover as I know I will have to replace it again or do the other hip so better get used to medical accidents and post op pain.

I hope smo can relate. I wish well to all the members of this community.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @essoe Welcome to the Online Community all the way from France. I am very pleased you have found s it sounds as though you've had a tough time with your hip.

You've found out that your original hip condition (Hip dysplasia) was congenital and surgery was initially unsuccessful resulting in you needing further more surgery. I can quite understand your post op trauma and fear of future surgeries.

Many of our members have had Hip replacement surgery, but hip dysplasia is more rare I found this post from @Sueyluey who is still active on the Community:

Hopefully she'll spot your post and pop by to say hello.

Have you had time to read any of the recent Hip replacement threads I wonder? It can be reassuring to feel you are not alone if your recovery is not straightforward. This is one thread:

Best wishes

Ellen.