Knee replacement

Options

I have my knee damaged 2 years ago. Now, 45, I decided to have full knee replacement. As I love football and like to play my spare time, I wonder if I can play just for fun with my friends if I have knee replacement. And Can I drive A buss if I have fake knee.

thanks

Farhan

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

H @Farhan

Welcome to the community. These are very important questions and I would make sure that you ask your surgeon to give you as much information as possible. You may want to also do some research on your surgeon to look at his/her success rates. I think it would be helpful to discuss your expectations fully.

Unfortunately we don't have the answer to those questions and to be honest everyone's recovery is so different it would be impossible to say. Here is some general information to think about if you are considering surgery

I hope this information is helpful, let us know how you get on

Best Wishes

Sharon

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Hi @Farhan

I suspect both of those can't be answered yet (though the DVLA might know about the bus - are you a bus driver?)

it will depend on your recovery I would think.

When I had my back surgery one of the Dads at school was also having it and he was a runner (he didn't have arthritis just an injury to his back) he was told he would never run again, but he is.....

Take care and good luck

Toni x

• Carrieannie2912
    Options

Hi Farman, I’ve had both knees replaced and my surgeon said as long as everything goes well, there’s nothing that you did before that you can’t do after and he has some patients who ski, although he’s not sure that is a really good idea with the fall risk.

• remmingtonwildhunter
    Options

Hi Farman had both knees replaced and i still use my 25 ft motorhome so you should be ok i had the genesis two joint as i was very active but you surgeon will advise better about the football but i would of thought a no no as extra strain on the joint...