New to group

Options

Thanks for the add !! Looking for advise !! Have suffered for years and getting worse !! Used to have horses and very heavy job over the years few car crashes ext ext Doctors have away thrown co cocodamol and other meds at me along with physio which gave me great pain paid privacy for chiropractor finally got MRI then they believed me !! Am struggling to continue to work full time as I am a support worker and do shifts !! Really am struggling to continue!! Any advis much appreciated thanks

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello @Paulaleisk and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in your back, neck, shoulder and knee and looking for advice on how to cope. Our website has a lot of useful information about arthritis and treatments, hints and tips etc, and I would recommend having a look around it. To help I've put a couple of links in below which may be of use.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Gosh @Paulaleisk

Support worker role doesn't go that well with Arthritis does it? 😕

Do you take anti-inflammatories?a lot of us find them really helpful. Things like ibuprofen. They aren't great for long term for our stomachs, but they do help with pain and inflammation. Most of us who take them a lot are also given a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) like lansoprazole by the Dr to protect our stomachs from the side effects.

You can take them in gels too that you rub in that might help as you could do that before work.....I swear by heat if it helps you you can buy heat patches that you stick on the sore area.

Erm... sadly the only other option longer term might be changing jobs which I think would be sad for you and your service users too.

Sorry I don't think I've been much help have I?

Sending some ((()))

Toni x