Hello

Options
System
System Administrator Posts: 41
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis
This discussion was created from comments split from: New.

Comments

• Shirls
    Shirls Member Posts: 1
    edited 24. Aug 2022, 11:22
    Options

I cannot find the x to start a new post. Can you help please.

This is my first post & I have severe arthritic joints in my hands.

I am looking to buy an aid to help me turn my car ignition key. My thumb & index finger are quite weak & painful so I find the turning action very difficult. Does anyone know if such a device exists? Ive looked on Amazon but can only find aids for keys such as house keys.

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    edited 24. Aug 2022, 11:27
    Options

Hi @Shirls

Welcome to the community! It's great to see you posting.

I appreciate you have had difficulty in where and how to post - if you select a discussion area e.g. Say Hello, you can click on the + New post symbol at the top right hand side to start a new discussion. You can then give it a header and right your comment/post and then click post comment.

If you have any other questions please contact us on community@versusarthritis.org.

Maybe you could posts a little about yourself now 🤗

Best wishes

Louisa

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

Hi shirls,

In my driving days I just used a standard key turner for my ignition. If yours has a fob you might be able to get the key bit off and put it on a standard key turner. Of course, you then have to remember the fob but......

It is also possible to have the ignition changed to a push button type. I'm not sure who does this. You could try Motability.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright