Pain in joints

Options

I’ve recently started on blood thinners and noticed my joints are really a lot more painful I’ve also noticed bruising on the joints where the pain is most even though I’ve not knocked or bumped anywhere I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or anything similar any help and advice would be appreciated

take care

Jona 😊

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Jona lovely to see your mane I've missed you.

I dont know if @stickywicket might know the answer to this.

Or maybe you should check with your Dr or even a pharmacist to be on the safe side??

Take care

Toni xx

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

@frogmorton

hi Toni as usual a lovely welcome back missed you too hope your well x

I think I’m a bit of an anomaly in the medical world at the moment I’m not text book test results seems some are reluctant to look outside the box all this stuff just keeps happening it’s really exhausting I’ve asked but the medical professionals seem to not know I’ve been referred to haematology but as expected a long long wait so they may be able to throw some light on it here’s hoping.

take care

love Jona 💐

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

That's good Jona haematology will definitely do this best to get to the bottom of it for you.

All good here thanks for asking.

Stay as well as you can until you see someone and take care.

Love

Toni xx

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

@frogmorton - here I am at your command😉

@Jona - I'm sorry, I can't relate to the increased joint pain thing. Neither can Mr SW who now has to take an aspirin a day. (Mine's clopidogrel). We both do bruise more easily but not particularly on our joints. My favourite place is my forearm which I use to hoist my vac up. (I know they say we get older and wiser but that must mean I'm still in my infancy!) I'm also more of a bleeder. The tiniest cut bleeds longer and one, where I sliced a bit of finger instead of carrot🙄 actually opened up again next day. It didn't do the carrot much good either.

I can understand, though, that, if blood is getting into your joint space, it would hurt. Could that be it?

I hope haematology can sort it out.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jona
    Options

Hi all hope everyone is well as can be 😉 just an update I’m taking a new drug apixaban, I’ve been referred to a haematologist but it appears he has rejected my referral I was to say the least very shocked and extremely disappointed in this but after my recent trip to A&E I call it third world dept I’m not really surprised anyhoo I hope you are all well

take care

Jona 💐💐🥰

• Peawhips
    Peawhips Member Posts: 17
    Options

Have you had recent blood test to check your levels see if the medication needs adjusting. Mad dad used to be on blood thinners and used to have regular blood test to seeif sny adjustments needed. You might find you might get nose bleeds nothing to worry if you fo either see your gp or go to a&e if you do.Also be careful if you knock or cut yourself you do bleed a lot. If you do cut your srlf wash the wound a get a clean t towel and apply pressure an put it up as high as you can get it and go to a&e and get it seen to..ok do see your gp about the brusing he or she might decide to check your warfarine or what ever blood thiner you are levels are and adjyst it if needed. I hop this helps.

• Jona
    Options

Thank you @Peawhips ,

for your your help and advice, the haematologist I was referred to has actually declined the referral and had blood tests 2 weeks ago phoned yesterday to try to find the results but was told by a very nasty receptionist they’re not back.

apparently the apixaban I’m on is a new drug of four 2 I can only take because in fat they tell me does not need regular blood tests only yearly and much as I say it’s affecting my joints making them ache and more painful I seem to be left to be on my own despite the dizziness but I’m one that needs to know why I’m having blood clots so I’m off on Monday to change gps I just wish the nhs would understand patients are not to blame for politics

thank you again 💐