Knee Replacement Surgery and Living Alone
I had a phone consult with the surgeon today, who confirmed I'm still on the list and may have surgery as soon as Christmas 2022 (only 3 months away)!
I was diagnosed in 2019 and live alone in a split-level house. Between all rooms - bar two - there are at least three stairs up or down, plus a narrow flight from the ground to the upper floor. A year ago, the Council Social Care team fitted grab rails, a bath board, etc wherever they could - but the staircase is unsuitable for a stair lift.
How have other single people managed their post-op recovery?
I'd really like to have an idea of what is involved and would welcome advice. For instance, I wonder if I need to organise a nursing home placement?
- All Categories
- 1.9K Welcome
- 4.9K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.1K Our Community
- 642 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 3.6K Living with arthritis
- 30 Hints and Tips
- 209 Work and financial support
- 382 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 36 My Triumphs
- 126 Let's Move
- 22 Sports and Hobbies
- 10 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 327 Chat and News
- 28 Val's Cafe
- 264 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe