Hello I'm new to this site

Options
Simba
Simba Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I'm not sure what to say other than hello to everyone, I have osteoarthritis and have had both hips replaced one 13 years ago the other last October. I suffer with constant joint pain in most joints, the soles of my feet have now started causing me a lot of pain when walking. I'm sure I'm not the only one suffering daily and I am hoping to connect with other people with similar difficulties hence my reason for registering. Liz

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hello is enough @Simba welcome to the Online Community.

I see from your post that you have pretty widespread Osteoarthritis (OA) and have had both hips replaced. Although you are definitely not the only person suffering daily pain it's tough to live with. Chatting to others and swapping tips can really help though and this online Community is really good for doing that.

Your own experience of hip surgery may well help another member.

You say your feet are really causing you a lot of pain I wonder whether these couple of links might help you while you wait to meet some of our members?

This one contains some (very gentle) exercises for feet, toes and ankles:

This one is about managing or symptoms:

While you are here please do take a look around and join in some of the other threads if you feel comfortable doing so. Along with this category the most popular tends to be Living with Arthritis.

Very best wishes

Ellen.

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Hello @Simba and welcome. I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well. Mine is in my hands and arms, luckily not hips but the advice on the website and the links you have been given is a good place to start.

Best wishes

Peter