This may, or may not, help someone deal with things and I hope its not too weird.
The reiki precepts asks you to attempt to follow their guidance each day, and whether successful or not, you simple start afresh the next day without judgement. They go:-
Do not anger
Do not worry
Be humble and grateful
Be true to yourself
Show compassion to yourself (most importantly) and all others.
It encourages you to be the best version of yourself each day. Do the best you can do, not what anyone else expects. It is about acceptance and learning to live in the moment for this is all we have. To dwell on the past creates stress, to dwell on the future creates anxiety. Neither we can control, only the present.
It has helped me deal with caring for elderly parents and it will help me with whatever this new journey puts in my path.
Hope this is of use.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe