Gloves

Options
Lymmgirl
Lymmgirl Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi new to the group. My hands are having a flare up and finding the pain getting worse. Does anybody find that gloves help and if so what kind do you have. Thank you.

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 698
    Options

Hi @Lymmgirl

I use compression gloves during most of my waking hours. My finger joints and wrists get sore particularly as it gets colder - inside or out. I find the compression and warmth they retain is helpful to me. I keep 4 or 5 pairs so I can change them quickly when they get wet or dirty. The ones I use are made by a company called Vitto and their sales page instructs you how to measure your hand so you get the right fit. I found the NHS ones didn't fit me well. I buy them off a well known online shopping site.

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 992
    Options

Hello @Lymmgirl and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have pain in your hands and are wondering if gloves can help. Have a look at the following from our website, it might be of help.

I have arthritis in my hands as well and have found compression gloves to be of help, but what works for one person may not work for another. Try searching for them on the internet or, in my case, the local pharmacy sold them. I bought the type which had cut-off fingertips so I could still use my fingers effectively.

Please do keep posting and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,416
    Options

I think we are allowed to mention this site?

Arthr? I think they are collaborating with Versus Arthritis

They do some lovely compression gloves

I have also had some nice ones made of neoprene in the past.

Best of luck

Toni x