Diagnosed with arthritis in the knees

Options
Fishcast22
Fishcast22 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi all recently diagnosed with arthritis in both knees and in constant pain in both knees sleep is almost impossible most nights anybody else suffer with the same have any help or advice would be great Tia

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Fishcast22 welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community.

I see from your post that you have recently been diagnosed with Arthritis in both knees and are in constant pain and finding sleep almost impossible.

First of all you are absolutely not alone being in pain and struggling to sleep while in pain. Many of our members will relate to your story.

I am presuming that the arthritis you have been diagnosed with is Osteoarthritis and apologise if it isn't. I am going to give you some information to read while you wait for someone to come along to share their experience.

First of all this is about Osteoarthritis of the knee:

This is about sleep/ difficulty sleeping:

Now that you have introduced yourself please do have a look at some of the other categories and join in wherever you feel comfortable. Living with Arthritis tends to be the most popular.

My very best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Hi @Fishcast22

I have some meds which are slow release meaning they in theory are still working while I am in bed. Mine is my anti-inflammatory, but you can get slow release analgesics too and some of us take other meds to relax our muscles which also have the affect of zonking us out a bit. Maybe a chat with your GP?

The next thing I do is sleep with a pillow between my knees to support them you can buy them especially made, but mine is a normal pillow.

Take care

Toni