Waiting....

Options

Im 52, 5ft, 8.5 stones and was told i have OA of my left knee. After xrays, physio, injections all to no avail its now worse than ever !

Swollen stiff knee, baker cyst and a knee that doesnt straighten anymore 😔

Dr said i need a partial knee op, and im still waiting for an actual knee clinic appmt. I was referred March as i understand, been told i should hear by 16 Sept...

Is my knee being this bad normal? I used to dance and do gymnastics in my younger years.

Thankyou

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hello @Bladesgirl1970 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your knee and are waiting for an appointment for a knee op. Yes waiting times can be a problem. I've put a couple of articles below from our website which might be of interest and I would recommend having a look. The website contains a lot of information on arthritis, treatments and Hints and Tips.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Bladesgirl1970
    Options

Thanks so much @noddingtonpete really appreciate this ! i will take a look, wish i had joined this group earlier. Yes my knee OA is so bad now, my xray showed bone on bone, im limping when i walk and 10 hour shifts in the nhs are not helping....

Looking forward to sharing stories with others on here though as i feel all i do is moan to my family, friends and colleagues. Thanks for welcoming me to the group.

Kind regards

Liane